io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG
We are aware, that the careful handling of your personal information is important to you. Therefore, io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG handles all data and information with care.
The responsible contact according to the Federal Data Protection Act of Germany is
io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG
STADTTOR Speyerer Strasse 14
69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Gathering and usage of personal information
Information obtained from you may help us customise and continuously improve our communication and interaction with you. We leverage this information when processing inquiries, orders and providing services, as well as processing payments. We use your information in particular to communicate with you in regards to our products, services, and orders, as well as to update our records and to maintain and care for your customer accounts. Also to reproduce contents for our communication platforms and to prevent or detect any fraudulent use.
We collect the following information
- Information provided by you: We collect and save all the information you enter in our website, or which you transmit to us by any other means.
- Communication by email: To allow for a more useful configuration of your emails we often receive a confirmation about which emails from io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG you open, provided your computer supports this function. If you do not wish to receive any emails from us, you may go to UNSUBSCRIBE and notify us accordingly. In addition, every email from us gives you this option.
- Information from other sources: On occasion we also use information about you from other sources and add these to our information about your customers account.
Does io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG pass this information on?
Information about our clients is important to us and helps us to optimise our services. Information we obtain is passed on to third parties only to the extent described here:
- Associated companies: Companies directly associated with io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG such as its subsidiaries, if they are either subject to this Data Protection Declaration of comply with guidelines providing at least as much protection as this Data Protection Declaration.
- Business partners: We work closely with our business partners. In some cases our business partners provide services to you and therefore we do need some data.
- Service provider: We subcontract other companies and individuals to perform tasks on our behalf. Examples are package delivery, mailing letters or sending emails, maintaining customer lists, analysing our databanks, promotional activities, processing payments (credit cards, direct debit processing, and purchase on account), as well as customer service. These service providers have access to the information they require to execute their tasks. However, they may not use it for any other purposes. Furthermore, they are required to handle the information pursuant to the Data Protection Declaration, as well as the German Data Protection Act.
- Transfer of shares in the company: Since we are constantly developing our business, there is a possibility that we or companies associated with us such as subsidiaries sell or buy company shares or components. In such transactions the customer information is usually transferred along with the to be transferred part of the companies. However, the data will still be subject to the previously governing Data Protection Declarations (an exception to this case is of course a situation, when a customer expressly agrees to other regulations). In the equally unlikely case, that io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG is sold as a whole or essential parts of it, personal data will be transferred to the purchaser.
- Protection of io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG and third parties: Customer data is passed on by us when we are required to do so by law, or when such a transfer is necessary to enforce agreements or to protect our rights as well as the rights of our customers and those of third parties. This includes the exchange of data with companies specialising in the prevention and minimisation of fraudulent use. Express clarification is made, that in this context no transfer of data to these companies takes place for economic use, which might be in conflict with this Data Protection Declaration.
- With your consent: In all other cases we will inform you when personal information is to be transferred to third parties to give you an opportunity to provide your consent.
- When transferring personal information to third parties to the extend described above, information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we ensure that the information is provided pursuant to this Data Protection Declaration and the German Data Protection Act.
How safe is the information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safety measures in conjunction with gathering, storing, and the disclosure of personal information about our customers. As part of these safety measures we will ask you on occasion to provide proof of your identity, before we disclose personal information to you.
Which information may I access?
You may view a variety of information. We are happy to provide information in response to specific inquires, and for the verification of your personal and company data.
Information you provided to us
You provide us with information, when you perform a search, fill out a survey, or communicate with our customer service. You provide us with information for example when you are looking for a service, place an order, communicate with us over the telephone, email, or by any other means, when opening a customer account, or when you are providing personal information for service bids(e.g. newsletter, the notification services, and the update of your communication settings with io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG).
Examples of the information we gather and analyse include the IP-address connecting your computer with the internet, confirmation of emails recieved and read, information about the computer and connections to the internet, such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform, your navigation history, which we may reproduce in a not personally identifyable form in features, as well as the complete Uniform Resource Locators (URL) Clickstreams to, through and from our website. These means that the sequence of the page of our internet offer that you visit including date and time, contents ID of the pages that you have viewed and searched for.
Google Analytics Privacy Notice
As an alternative to the browser Addon or within browsers on mobile devices, you can click this link in order to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out applies only for the browser in which you set it and within this domain). An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you'll have to click this link again, if you delete your cookies.
If I have a question - who do I contact?
If you have any questions in regards to data protection at io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG, please contact us and we will clarify any concerns you might have. We reserve the right to regularly sent out messages about the guidelines in effect at our company. Nonetheless, you should visit our website on a regular basis and inform yourself about any changes. Unless otherwise regulated, the use of all information we maintain about you is subject to the Data Protection Declaration. We assure you, that material changes to our Data Protection Declaration resulting in a weaker protection of already obtained customer data will only be made with the consent of the respective customer.