io-consultants combines intelligent building design with individual process landscapes
Exceptional building projects require unconventional solutions – our experts are ready for this. From the first feasibility studies, master planning, construction planning through to implementation, io-consultants’ architects and engineers work hand in hand with our clients to develop the best concept for each individual project. Our dedicated interdisciplinary teams turn your visions into holistic, cost-effective and future-proof facility planning.
Form and Function in Concert – our philosophy for harmonising buildings and process landscapes
No matter how complex and varied a building project may be, our approach to design and implementation is based on the firm belief that buildings and processes should be considered as a whole rather than as separate entities. In every project, however large or small, we consider the architecture, the structural planning and technical building services, the building physics and fire protection aspects together with the processes inherent to the building as a complete system.
Our sustainable planning, which includes passive and active energy-saving measures alike, results in processes and solutions of the highest quality whilst simultaneously optimising economic efficiency. Furthermore, energy-optimised, resource-saving processes help reduce the impact on the environment and contribute to a comfortable workplace atmosphere.
Read here what Jeremy Hotchkiss, io-consultants Architect and Partner, has to say about “Form and Function in Concert”. Learn about the beliefs behind his ideas and solutions, and find out what bubbles and skeletons have to do with the future of architecture and construction.
Back to the roots ...
Consider the sphere; it is the purest and most efficient form of enclosing space and volume. Maximum volume for minimum material and surface area. All forces and loads that affect such a form, whether through gravitation, wind, applied loads or the weight of the form itself, are perfectly distributed over the surface of the sphere in all directions.” Just look at the purity, beauty and elegance of a simple soap bubble.
Jeremy Hotchkiss, Architect RIBA and io-consultants Partner
|We offer reliable, productive and efficient solutions that lead to measurable success. Learn more about our successful projects with renowned clients around the world:|
Interdisciplinary cooperation for market leading architectural solutions
Trust us – from the initial ideas to completion and handover
Our ‘Integrated Building Design’ approach originates in our objectives of ensuring top quality, enhancing value, and saving time. With this lead consulting approach we cover all technical, organisational and economic services necessary for project implementation. From architectural and engineering services to construction supervision and quality monitoring – we manage the interdisciplinary cooperation of all involved teams across all project phases, and see every project through to successful completion.
As appropriate, we also provide additional services required for your project’s success, such as:
- special services pursuant to the HOAI
- support with licensing procedures pursuant to the German Law on Emission Control, (‘BImSchG’)
- expert advice, studies and simulations as part of our planning services
How we work
Common to all planning projects is that io-consultants follows a structured sequence of events, and uses methods and modules appropriate for each individual situation:
1. Feasibility and master planning
Establishing a clear vision and overall roadmap essentially sets the course and success for the whole building project. Our holistic approach includes a number of anticipatory measures to help you make the right decisions straight away:
- Feasibility studies
- Master planning
- Real estate analysis
- Concept design / functional block planning
- Urban development planning: project-related development plans
- Cost estimations and economic feasibility studies
- Basic project and fee evaluation and preliminary design according to HOAI service phases I and II
2. Concept and detailed design, permission documentation planning
This step consolidates user needs, process requirements and building legislation. Our interdisciplinary teams coordinate all interfaces and offer you all required services according to HOAI service phases III and IV from preliminary planning through to submitting your building applications:
- Client briefing documentation
- Master planning, concept design, and permission documentation planning according to HOAI service phases III and IV
- Additional services as required
3. Implementation planning, tendering and contract awarding
io-consultants also conducts HOAI service phases V to VII (execution planning through to contract awarding) and coordinates the various professional services:
- Project management and project organisation including documentation, scheduling and costing according to DIN 276
- Drafting the necessary planning documents and specification sheets
- Integration and coordination of all trades involved, including the required specialists and experts/appraisers
- Urban development planning
We provide the above services for single contracts, general contractors and investor models alike.
4. Implementation and acceptance procedures
Whether we carry out the overall site management for the owner ourselves, or employ individual sub-contractors for the supervision of the construction works according to the individual German states’ building regulations, you will always benefit from our comprehensive support that also entails property monitoring, final documentation and commissioning planning:
- General contractor procedures:
- Regular fixed meetings
- Invoice and cost controlling
- Verification that the implementation plan is consistent with the content of the tender documents
- Individual contractor procedures:
- Coordination of all contractors at the construction site
- Verification that implementation is consistent with the implementation plan
- Investor model:
- Overall management of building-related tenant requirements
- General contractor procedures:
5. Commissioning and certification
Once facility is complete and handed over io-consultants continues to support during start-up and the defects and liability period:
- Acceptance procedure and documentation
- Defects and liability
- Commissioning planning
Architecture and facility planning with io-consultants
Besides offering consulting, planning and implementation services, io-consultants also certifies buildings according to
- the certification system of the German Sustainable Building Council (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen e.V., ‘DGNB’)
- the classification system for energy and eco-friendly building planning, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- the assessment system of the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology (BREEAM) for ecological and socio cultural aspects of sustainability in buildings
Please contact us
More than 8.000
More than 300
Weitere Leistungen und Branchen, die Sie interessieren könnten
Als Generalplaner bieten wir Ihnen alle erforderlichen Kompetenzfelder – Produktion, Logistik, Architektur und IT – aus einer Hand und betreuen Ihr Projekt in allen Schritten – vom Projektstart bis hin zum laufenden Betrieb.