One-source planning and implementation of safe-investment facilities
Building, expanding and optimising sustainable factories – io-consultants provides the full service chain from planning to implementation, with the consistent use of Lean Production and Operational Excellence methods. Our experienced team of experts will support you across all industries, manufacturers and disciplines.
Topmost reliability for quality, schedules and costs – ensured by io consultants’ one-source factory planning services.
When planning new production facilities and plant structures, companies are faced with high investments, accompanied by high risks for operational business and corporate development targets. With io-consultants at your side as an experienced and professional partner, you can rest assured of all-round project success.
We have been providing customers across the world with holistic solutions for functional industrial planning, for more than 50 years. Today, you can benefit from our unique, long-time specialisation in planning and implementing factories and logistics centres. We assist companies with site concepts, production and logistics planning, and process optimisation in complex production networks. Always with convincing results, i.e. future-proof facilities in line with the defined schedule and budget.
|We offer reliable, productive and efficient solutions that lead to measurable success. Learn more about our successful projects with renowned clients around the world:|
Efficient, one-source solutions
io-consultants combines expertise from all the relevant disciplines of factory planning
Our teams of experts work hand-in-hand towards efficient and sustainable project success. And our customers benefit from our in-house expertise in all associated, relevant disciplines and their interrelations – for professional and tailor-made solutions.
Our areas of expertise:
- Facilities and production planning
- Architecture and construction supervision
- SAP/IT consulting
- Logistics and distribution
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Food processing
io consultants’ planning services are categorised into three main groups:
- Raising client satisfaction, meeting growing demands and their complexity within the scope of the available resources and capacities
- Reorganisation of established plant structures
- Increasing flexibility within the existing production network
- Value stream analysis and optimisation
- Introduction and implementation of LEAN methods
- Determination of expansion needs; estimation of costs and timescale for planning and implementation
- Best possible integration of capacity expansions into the existing production network
- Conceptualisation, planning and implementation of factory expansions
- Determination of key data; estimation of costs and timescale for the new facilities
- Site selection
- Best possible integration of the new site into the existing production network / planning of seamless relocation without production downtimes
How we work
Common to all planning projects is that io-consultants follows a structured sequence of events, and uses methods and modules appropriate for each individual situation:
1. Requirements analysis
In order to identify the necessary scope of planning, io-consultants begins with a requirements analysis, placing a particular focus on the following questions:
- How can we meet the ever-increasing customer demand for
- individualisation (products/services) and the related rise in complexity and product variety in a cost-effective fashion?
- meeting tight delivery targets and the necessary throughput times?
- achieving competitive prices and the related cost reductions?
- Is it still possible to optimise existing sites and processes or is it necessary to extend the current capacities and expand?
- How can we meet the ever-increasing customer demand for
2. Concept planning
- Provision / preparation of key data
- Data evaluation and verification
- Master planning / site & property analysis / generation of a building concept
- Production assessment / auditing
- Conceptualisation of solution scenarios including
- drafting overall dimensions of facilities and buildings
- visualisation of material flows
- definition of the value stream design and process parameters
- Planning of block / draft layouts
- Qualification and evaluation
- Generation of decision models/templates
3. Detailed planning
- Validation of material flows
- Detailed layout planning
- Specification of equipment/furnishings
- Tender & contracting processes
- Ramp-up planning
4. Supervision of the implementation process
- Approval of the implementation plans
- Implementation monitoring
- Quality assurance
- Budget monitoring
- Preliminary and final acceptance of facilities
5. Ramp-up management
- Ramp-up / process stabilisation
- Introduction of shop floor management
- Shop floor trainings
Efficient and individual factory planning with io-consultants
Value stream analysis is at the core of all optimisation measures in a production environment and therefore plays a key role in sustainable strategic improvement. This process enables us to record the existing material and information flows transparently with standard symbols and to then reliably uncover optimisation potential and selectively initiate the relevant measures. At the same time, value stream design is an indispensable tool for circumventing potential weak points in new developments and extensions, right from the start.
An overview of value stream analysis and value stream design services
- Identification of representative product families
- Determination of customer takt time
- Establishing the status quo
- Creation of a value stream design
- Prioritisation of procedural errors
- Implementation of improvement projects
- Standardisation of shop floor management
The focus of our work in shop floor management lies on making improvements systematically and on a daily basis. The key objectives are to stabilise production and, moreover, to reliably reduce availability losses. We apply a variety of methods to achieve these goals and pay special attention to ensuring the efficiency of initiated countermeasures.
io-consultants supports sustainable and long-term optimisations in shop floor management with target-oriented trainings and tools.
An overview of shop floor management with io-consultants:
- OEE and output logs
- Identification of losses
- Creation of Pareto charts
- Problem-solving sheet
- Chart of measures (PDCA logics) and OPL
- Effectiveness monitoring
Over 50 years
More than 5.000
Other services and industries you may be interested in
As a lead consultant, we provide comprehensive services across a variety of disciplines – production, logistics, architecture and IT – and will oversee each stage of your project from the beginning right through to standard operations.